Temporary closure of Embassy offices
Due to COVID-19, the Embassy is implementing a number of actions to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus and to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and our community. By instructions of the Argentine Government, the offices of the Embassy and the Consular Section will be closed temporarily until further notice.
We continue to work remotely. We have been answering hundreds of queries in the last few days and we will continue to do so permanently. Inquiries can be directed to any of the multiple enabled telephone lines (+1 (202) 238 6409 / 6472 / 6433/ 6461 / 6476 / 6460) or to the emails email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our emergency phone number (24 hours) is +1 202 294 2029.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CONSULAR SECTION ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
1. Except for cases of extreme urgency and of a very personal nature, the Consular Section will not receive neither process any requests in person. Likewise, all those belonging to potential risk groups (such as those over 65 years old, immunocompromised, pregnant women, among others), should not come to the Consular Section unless it is absolutely essential.
2. Life Certificates: Telephone calls; Skype, etc. may be used as proof in the processing of life certificates.
3. ID and Passport procedures: ONLY those that are strictly necessary and of great urgency will be processed.
4. Visas: The processing and granting of visas are hereby suspended.
5. Any individual entering Argentina from the United States must remain in mandatory quarantine for a period of 14 days.
Telephone, fax & email of the Consular Section:
Tel. +1 (202) 238 6460/ 6433/ 6461/ 6476/ 6409
Fax +1 (202) 238-6471
Emergency Phone Assistance: +1 (202) 294-2029
The Embassy will continue to keep its website (www.eeeuu.cancilleria.gob.ar) as well as its social media accounts (@ARGinUSA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) permanently updated.
It is important to keep in mind that the Embassy does not intervene in communication between passengers and airlines, nor in the reprogramming of flights, ticketing or passenger listings; it only registers the Argentines who want to return to know the vulnerabilities and the number of compatriots found in each place. This also allows detecting cases that, due to their urgency, require immediate treatment by our Embassies and Consulates.