The Embassy of Argentina is looking for George Washington University Students interested in an internship in Culture and Public Affairs.
The Embassy works actively in the promotion of its culture by hosting music concerts and art & photo exhibits, offering Tango classes, featuring movies and participating in Film Festivals, sponsoring plays with Argentine actors, directors or writers, among others. We aim at building a lasting, open and dynamic relation with the DC audience, including through our presence in social media. In our work, we partner both with Argentine and local institutions as well as with other Embassies in Washington.
We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding activities program. If you’re interested in a rewarding internship in cultural promotion + digital marketing and web strategy, join our team.
This position is part-time, with the individual working a total of 20 hours per week and coming in at least 3 days a week.
Begining in late Fall or early Spring
This role will support the Embassy’s Cultural Section and Public Diplomacy team to assist with organization of cultural events and activities and website content creation and digital marketing projects. Duties may include, but are not limited to: participate in the planning and coordination of cultural events and promotion activities, web and social media content development, and working with of our team on digital marketing initiatives as needed.
You will learn about: cultural promotion and cultural program management planning, events planning, coordination and management, web and social media content development, marketing strategy, digital marketing, and more.
- Assist the team in the planning, development, implementation and follow up of cultural promotion and public diplomacy projects.
- Support pre- and post- event logistics as needed.
- Assist in networking efforts with cultural organizations and government officials, academics, and other relevant actors in the US.
- Create/edit web page and social media content and support web page and social media administration
- Provide support in organizing and coordinating meetings.
- Provide administrative assistance.
- Write, edit, and proofread notes, correspondence and reports.
- Prepare PowerPoint Presentations.
- Prepare and regularly update contact databases and e-mail distribution lists
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, preferably.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google Apps. and Graphic design tools.
- Keen interest in digital content development and public diplomacy.
- Desire to continuously learn.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and coordination skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with diligent work ethic and proven dependability.
- Outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Experience with content management.
- Experience with email marketing, and database management.
- Creative or design skills.
Apply on Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3247014