Embassy in United States

Resident Visa - Family Reunion

Updated date: 17/01/2020

For spouses and children of Argentine nationals or permanent residents

Where to apply: At the Argentine consulate or consular section within whose jurisdiction your place of residence lies. You may thus apply at our offices if your place of residence is in any of the following: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.(other Argentine consulates in the United States)

A)  Documents to be submitted to the Consular Office (can be sent by mail or submitted in person)


  • DNI of the Argentine spouse/mother/father.




  • Copy of valid Passport.  The original shall be submitted upon arrival for the consular interview. Applicant’s passport must be valid for 1 year from the intended date of entry and have at least two completely empty pages left.


  • 3 recent passport type photographs.


  • Birth certificate (authenticated by the “Apostille” or Legalized by an Argentine Consulate and translated into Spanish): it must include the name of the applicant’s parents or spouse (please request the “long form" when applying for the birth certificate). Only certificates issued by a governmental authority will be accepted.


  • Marriage certificate (if applicable): authenticated by the “Apostille” or Legalized by an Argentine Consulate and translated into Spanish. Only certificates issued by a governmental authority will be accepted.


  • Police records: (only for applicants who are 16 years of age or older) issued by the local police department certifying that you have no arrests or convictions. However, if you resided in another country during more than 1 year of the past 3 years, you must present an FBI record printed on official letterhead paper, and authenticated by the “Apostille”.


B)  Interview: Once all this information is received at our premises, an interview will be scheduled by email.

C) “Entry Permit” fee: Before coming for the interview, the applicant should pay the “Entry Permit” fee (US$ 600 or $300, only if you hold a passport from a Mercosur Member country). The fee can only be paid online following this link

Please, print the receipt and submit it before the interview.

D) When you arrive for the interview, you will need to sign an international criminal records affidavit: (only for applicants who are 16 years of age or older).

Parental consent letter (only for children below 18 years of age): must be filled in and signed by both parents at the Consular Office.

E) Fee: If the visa is approved, a US$ 250 fee will be charged (US$ 150 for the visa and US$ 100 for the documents sent to Argentina to be processed). The fee shall be paid by money order.

F) Visa will be issued upon presentation of the money order.
IMPORTANT: Authentication and translation of documents
Birth and marriage certificates and police records must be authenticated by the “Apostille”. Where can I get the Hague Legalization Convention “Apostille” certificate on a document?
Should the country where documents originate not follow the Hague Legalization Convention, you will have to send the documents to the Argentine consulate in the country where they were issued for authentication. The contact information of all Argentine consulates in the world is available from the Argentine Foreign Ministry’s web page (cancilleria.gob.ar - click on “Representaciones argentinas”).

The said documents must also be translated into Spanish by a recognized translator or translation agency, and be accompanied by a “certification of accuracy” (a signed statement by the translator that the attached translation into Spanish is true and correct). No authentication of translations by a notary public or the “Apostille” is needed. All documents and translations must be original (no photocopies or faxes will be accepted).

Fondo argentino de cooperación sur-sur y triangular